A growing law firm is looking for a Compliance Auditor to support the implementation and maintenance of the their risk management policy with specific oversight of the debt recovery team to ensure the unit is compliant with Financial Conduct Authority, Ofcom, CSA and other regulatory requirements.
- Conducting internal audits of the debt recovery team to ensure they are compliant with regulatory codes and legislative guidance set by the FCA, CSA, Ofcom, and FOS
- Ensuring that Quality Assurance checks, and controls are effective and that any weaknesses are reported, identified and addressed
- Review of policies and procedures and training to ensure they are up to date and compliant with FCA, Ofcom and other regulatory requirements and are consistent with firm wide policies;
- Reporting and liaising with the debt unit to respond to queries raised by the FCA.
- Delivering and providing training to the Compliance team to ensure they are kept informed of regulatory and policy changes.
- Assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance to maintain the firm’s risk register and devise and implement a firm wide risk based monitoring plan in line with the firm’s risk register
- Working with the Compliance Manager to conduct firm wide thematic audits to address areas of high risk and provide clear and concise management reports.
- Respond to complaints that are received and deliver appropriate responses within set timescales and implement remedies to avoid repetition of complaint clause.
- Respond to requests for information under the Data Protection Act and requests to delete information
- Ensure incidents are properly investigated and that a proper record is maintained to be reported on to the Compliance, Operational and IT meeting.
- Calibrate calls for agents eligible for a bonus and review all account challenges.
- Preparing for client audits and due diligence requests by completing pre-audit documentation requested and liaising with the client on the day of the audit and implementing remediation on recommendations made.
- Updating training material to ensure it is compliant with legislation delivering training.
- Performing due diligence on new and existing suppliers, and undertaking onsite and remote audits.
- Periodic reviews of all standard contact methods, including letter, email and SMS sent
- Experience of working in a compliance role either in an SRA or FCA environment.
- Experience in providing auditing and qualitative and quantitative management reports.
- Ability to work flexibly and quickly to respond to risks and compliance queries as they arise
- Positive communicator
Salary: £35,000 + company bonus
Holiday: 22 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service
Excellent benefits which include: Pension, company sick pay, healthcare cash back scheme, personal accident cover, health club concessions, rewards portal to access offers and savings on a huge range of goods and services from over 450 retailers, free onsite car parking and onsite staff café.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80285486