Associate Tax Director - Part Time
Associate Corporate Tax Director - Part Time
Your new company
A major accountancy firm who are experiencing healthy growth - a real NI success story.
Your new role
- Take responsibility and ownership of the client relationship at the appropriate level in the client's organisation;
- Manage client assignments that are sizable in both scope and scale by providing intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively, presenting solutions to increasingly complex technical issues;
- Proactively seek out business development opportunities and meet own financial targets set;
- Participate fully in new client pitch situations;
- Act as the focal point for the delivery of sophisticated tax advice to clients and the business, demonstrating an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately;
- Provide reliable and effective technical support to the partners in their chosen area, recognising issues to manage technical risk;
- Consult on a variety of technical areas, including the ability to identify those able to provide support in relation to technical risk;
- Write high quality tax reports, professionally presented documents, requiring minimal input from directors or partners;
- A sound awareness and adherence to the firm's risk management processes and procedures;
- Ensure bills are raised and costs are collected on a timely basis and manage work in progress to ensure recoverability targets can be met;
- Lead, manage, motivate and coach managers by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and completing timely appraisals;
- Proactively manage own career, seeking out opportunities to work on a variety of assignments to build on existing experience; and
- Demonstrate an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches, for own team as well as the wider firm.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified;
- Minimum of 7 years' post qualification experience of working in a tax department of a larger firm;
- Strong technical knowledge and proven ability to identify opportunities for clients;
- Approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and wellbeing;
- Capable of working on your own initiative while taking responsibility and ownership for wider team issues
- Ability to build trusted relationships with clients and the team.
What you'll get in return
My client has offered a very competitive salary along with other relevant benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for an experience Tax professional to join a very successful firm at a strategic level. You will join a high calibre Tax team and take ownership of a diverse portfolio of clients, whilst enjoying a friendly and family feel atmosphere. You will also maintain a healthy work-life balance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80276200