North Midland Construction is a national building, civil engineering and mechanical, electrical contractor with 70 years' experience. With our Head Office based in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire we operate through a number of strategically placed regional offices covering the whole of the British Isles; offering clients a one stop shop for their construction requirements.
An opportunity has arisen for a Commissioning Engineer. Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, supporting the Project Delivery Team, you will be involved in the commissioning of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominately in the water industry.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Contribute to the preparation of Commissioning Plans
- Preparation of Commissioning Documentation including Commissioning Manuals, Inspection & Test Plans, Inspection & Test Reports and Training Manuals.
- Reviewing P&ID diagrams and provide strategies to commission plant and equipment in to existing processes in line with client specifications without compromising process and reducing risks.
- Attendance at commissioning meetings with representatives from our clients engineering and operational teams
- Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant.
- Liaising with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site commissioning process
- The commissioning, interfacing and setting to work of equipment, including:
- Motor Control Centres
- Pumping Plant
- Process Equipment
- Standby Generation Equipment
- Various Instrumentation
- Knowledge of PLC software packages would be a distinct advantage.
- Undertake or supervise the NICEIC electrical installation testing to C& G 2391 as requested.
- Demonstration of commissioned plant to our clients representatives to gain plant sign off prior to takeover.
- Undertaking client training covering both operational and technical competencies.
- Completion of commissioning records and diaries ensuring that all progress and equipment settings are recorded for the O&M manuals.
- Assist the design team by undertaking site visits to gather information for the purposes of tendering or design prior to construction.
- Assist the design team and prepare electrical designs ensuring compliance with the current IEE regulations and all other relevant specifications.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, A relevant CSCS card and First Aid training)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Blue Water hygiene card
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80271402