Senior Oracle DBA
ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR PERMANENT - £60,000 - £62,000 - CHELTENHAM
Due to an exciting period of growth this Global Blue-chip Aviation company based in Cheltenham are currently seeking a proven Oracle Database Administrator. You will be joining a company that truly value their staff and offer fantastic working environments and benefits.
Liaising directly with the application administrators and leadership team, this role requires a self-motivated individual capable of supporting and monitoring Oracle databases, identifying potential problems and pro-actively driving the best resolution.
- Support team deliverables; clearly recognised as a subject matter expert for Oracle databases
- You will support high availability RAC databases
- Implementation and support of cluster grid infrastructure using ASM on RedHat Enterprise Linux with thin provisioned SAN storage
- Build and support of encrypted databases using Oracle TDE encryption
- Administration of databases in an Oracle Data Vault secured configuration
- Daily operational duties related to Database backups and development of backup scripts
- Administration of databases via Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Support databases through grid infrastructure monitoring and housekeeping scripts, including Linux shell scripting
- P1 priority database support
- You must be Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) qualified or equivalent training experience
- Recent experience of Oracle 12.1 RAC on RHEL 6, with TDE and Data Vault
- Practical knowledge of legacy Oracle releases including 8.1, 9.2, 10.2 and 11.2 on Microsoft Windows and Solaris
- Substantial technical experience across Computing and Infrastructure industry
- Experience with implementing database solutions in enterprise level Data Centreâs
- Experienced of working in ITIL controlled environment
- Strong communication skills, work across technical teams at all levels of organization including technical 3rd parties and senior managers
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across the technology stack
Benefits: 37.5hr Working week - Monday - Friday, 26 days annual leave, 10% Pension, Bonus, Private Medical Cover, Life Assurance
Key Skills: Oracle DBA, Oracle 12.1, OCP, Oracle Certified Professional, Linux, RedHat Enterprise, Oracle TDE, Oracle Enterprise Manager
To apply please send your CV to or please feel free to call Becca Combe on 02392 322 385 for more information.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80275958