NET Developer C# ASPNET Web API Agile Finance Banking London
.NET Developer required by my banking client in London (C# Web API WebAPI WebAPI2 .NET 4.5 Developer SOLID Software Engineer Programmer RESTful Agile Digital Finance Banking).
You MUST have the following experience:
- ASP.NET Web API (WebAPI / WebAPI2)
- SOLID principles
- Excellent C# developer/programmer/software engineer
- One of the following:
- Continuous Integration (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins, VSTS)
- Automated Deployment (e.g. Chef, Octopus, PowerShell, Ansible)
- Configuration Management (e.g. Puppet, PowerShell DSC)
- Build Tool (e.g. MSBuild)
The following is DESIRABLE, not essential:
- Knowledge or experience of microservices (micro services / micro-services), Domain Driven Design (DDD), CQRS (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) or event sourcing
- A contributor to the online and open-source community
- Experience with HATEOAS
- Knowledge of payments applications, transactional or online banking
Role: .NET Developer (C# Software Engineer/Programmer) in an Agile environment for a bank in London. You will be working in a scrum of 7/8 developers, testers, business analysts and DevOps.
You will be working with C# 6 and ASP.NET Web API (WebAPI WebAPI2) 2.x to build online banking applications. Some of the work will be to extend existing applications, some of the work will be completely greenfield.
The department is mature and still evolving from an Agile and DevOps perspective. In some products, releases can be as many as 30/month. Configuration management, automated deployment and continuous integration are done with PowerShell DSC, MS Build, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
In development terms, they are mature adopters of DDD (Domain-Driven Design), HATEOAS, microservices (micro services / micro-services), CQRS (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and event-sourcing. They invest heavily in training, sponsoring 2 weeks every year. They attend community events and commission Agile consultants such as Dan North.
The environment is relaxed and creative. The bank has a great culture and encourages a social atmosphere. The team often play sports together, go out for after-work drinks or pub quizzes. Candidates often describe this as the best place they have ever worked at. Hours are 9-5 and staff retention is high.
Salary: £55k - £75k + 20-30% Bonus + 10% Pension
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960254237