Head of Risk Analytics
Purpose of the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Risk Analytics to join our Global Risk Analytics Centre of Excellence in London.
The Global Risk Analytics Centre of Excellence aims to deliver successful change projects and best-in-class consultancy support to the Global Risk function, in order to support its implementation of automated and innovative solutions to identify, measure, manage, monitor and report risks.
Joining our Group Actuarial Function you’ll have a vital role to play in supporting the Group Chief Risk Actuary in accelerating innovation through the development and implementation of new risk management solutions across the Global Risk function.
You will do this by:
- making the Global Risk function aware of available and emerging technology and tools;
- assisting individuals in turning ideas into implementation and by leading the re-engineering of existing processes; and
- ensuring the cost effective and timely delivery of change projects that simplify and accelerate processes and/or deliver actionable insights.
- developing internal capability and ensuring there are sufficient skills to support the use of emerging technology and tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing consultancy support to the Global Risk function on implementation of automated and innovative solutions to identify, measure, manage, monitor and report risks.
- Developing and maintaining the Actuarial Function IT and Data strategies and budget;
- Liaising with other internal functions and initiatives including Quantum, IT and Global Finance of the Future (GFF) to ensure that duplication of effort is avoided.
- Advising on changes to requirements for IT systems;
- Advising on major reworking of End User Computing tools;
- Maintenance of the End User Computing and Data Inventories;
- Production of IT project MI;
- Ensuring adherence to relevant Group policies for all data and tools.
Skills & Experience required
- Degree/MBA. Professional actuarial or other relevant professional qualification.
- Highly numerate and analytical with a developed capability to interpret data and establish alternatives and solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of IT development best practice.
- Experience of designing and building of robust End User Computing solutions in regulated entities.
- Experience in identifying, measuring, managing, monitoring project risks.
- Excellent knowledge of capital risk management and modelling best practice.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements relevant to this role especially those relating to Solvency II.
- Experience leading a highly technical team within a large business.
- Personal impact and gravitas, relationship management and influencing skills with people at all levels with the ability to build credible working relationships.
- Excellent communication, report writing, presentation and influencing skills and ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary package
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960255175