Senior Java Developer
everis Consultancy is a multinational IT Consultancy and Technology firm with 21,000 employees worldwide including Europe, Northern America & LATAM.
This complex role is within a small team of PAs that support our UK management team of Partners, Directors and Managers who rely on their PA to both manage and leverage their time effectively in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
It would suit an individual that is extremely competent at multitasking, is a hard-working team player with a proactive and resilient attitude.
-Development of application architecture strategy.
-Design and specify the application architecture of future application phases.
-Using detailed analysis to discover and work around any shortfalls in infrastructure components.
-Working with developers to ensure application build is designed to be reusable, reliable, and efficient to build.
-Able to make authoritative decisions regarding their usage; present these with gravitas and get buy in from stakeholders.
-Keeping up to date with new functionality or patches that can be integrated into existing architecture.
-Drive continuous improvement across hardware, configuration management, tools, virtualisation and DR environments.
-Propose and implement changes to reduce defects and downtime, increase responsiveness and flexibility.
-When required, app architect will present strategy to senior stakeholders / steering committee.
Candidate profile (5 years +):
- Architectural oversight / design / management.
- Application Architecture Development - especially Java based solutions.
- Own the Reference/Master data application architecture and strategy; provide technical leadership to multi-country build team.
- Innovate in design and leadership in order to fully capitalise on infrastructure, and reduce development risks.
- Design and document approaches.
- Champion technology platform - act as an evangelist to other teams / developers / senior stakeholders.
- Assists in the resolution of technical issues as required.
- Open Architecture Group Certified would be a plus.
- Strong, logical analytical and investigative skills.
- Past or current Consultancy Background
- Health insurance (100% coverage for employees and 80% coverage for spouse and children)
- Dental Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employer Pension Contribution (5%)
- Uncapped Annual Salary Review
- 25 Days Holiday – Not including Bank Holidays
- PerkBox – Employee Corporate Discounts (Gym Membership, Cinema, Shopping)
- Beer Friday’s
- Free Nespresso Coffee
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960257159