Assistant Compliance Manager
Assistant Compliance Manager
£30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
cer Financial are working with an International Bank to fill their new vacancy of a Assistant Compliance Manager. This role is based in London on a permanent basis.
The successful Assistant Compliance Manager responsibilities will be:
- Assist business/operations by providing compliant solutions to regulatory requirements and intervene where necessary to further investigate a transaction / process / business proposal
- Review & recommend changes in Compliance systems parameters, i.e., AML Monitoring System and Payment Screening System of the bank.
- Guarantee that Payment and Customer Screening programmes are running successfully in the bank, in line with its AML/CFT & KYC Policy and regulatory requirements.
- Review Sanctions referrals received from Operations/Business on customers’ payments & trade transactions and provide decisions in line with Bank’s AML/CFT & KYC policy and multiple International sanctions programmes.
- Assist the Head of Compliance & MLRO with conducting money laundering related investigations by analysing customer transactions / trends, drawing conclusions, and drafting Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) for submission to the NCA.
- Co-ordinate closely with Technology and vendors to ensure that these systems operate at optimum level at all times and test them at regular intervals.
- Achieve additional tasks / conduct Compliance related investigations as required / determined by Manager Compliance / Head of Compliance, recognising any issues / concerns and report findings/recommendations for corrective action as required.
- Data integration with different back office system to increase monitoring process and respond to regulatory requests.
- To oversee the branch customers’ local regulatory requirements related to KYC including reviews as per UK regulations and JMLSG Guidance and associated analysis completing Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) where required
- Actively contribute in applications, systems and product growth and offer value added recommendations to ensure that all systems and products in the bank have suitable controls to ensure compliance with bank’s Sanctions and AML/CFT and other financial crime policies including fraud.
The Assistant Compliance Manager skills will include:
- Systems proficient with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Business Object (BO) reports and Banking Systems.
- Graduate with roughly 3-5 years banking/AML/financial crime/Sanctions Systems experience.
- Good acquaintance and understanding of local financial crime (including AML/CFT) legislation, UK financial regulatory requirements and international best practices in Compliance
- Knowledge of International / UN Sanctions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960258171