Hardware Design Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer to take the lead in the design of cutting edge video products, including hardware requirements capture and architectural design.
The role will involve:
- Key component selection.
- Design simulation.
- Schematic capture.
- Working closely with PCB layout engineers to achieve highly optimised, cost effective PCB designs that meet all relevant design rules.
- Working in collaboration with Project Managers and manufacturing partners to ensure that hardware deliverables are completed to specification, within budget and on time.
- Hardware project planning, tracking and reporting.
- Working strictly to company process. Contributing to process documentation.
- Project documentation as required and according to company process.
For success in this role we would need you to have the following:
- A relevant degree or industry equivalent, or a proven track record in the electronics industry.
- Advanced key component selection and architectural design experience.
- Advanced high speed digital design knowledge and experience.
- Advanced FPGA Development experience, ideally involving video processing.
- Advanced Low voltage power supply design knowledge and experience.
- Analogue design knowledge and experience.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills with a great attention to detail.
- Advanced technical expertise in the areas of PCB design and manufacture, EMC and safety compliance, designing for both high and low volume manufacture.
- The ability to strike an optimal balance between design innovation and part/full reuse of existing and established hardware designs.
- The ability to work well within a team and to present effectively as required.
- Mechanical design experience.
- High and low volume manufacturing experience.
- Software development experience.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960252456