An immediate opportunity has arisen to join a unique, but fabulous client based in Guildford, Surrey in the capacity of an Accountant. This position is a fixed term contract for a period of one year. This is an outstanding opportunity not to be missed!
Accountant - About The Role
This position will be reporting in to the Head of Finance whereby you will work with the business in both financial and management reporting. This client is looking to appoint in to this role to cover a maternity contract with the appointment having been completed by March / April 2018, therefore you should be available with a minimal / short notice period. This position will be posting journals, completing complex bank and balance sheet reconciliations in order to prepare management accounts including accruals and prepayments and variance analysis. This position will require someone that has a proactive nature that is able to manage upwards and work effectively with budget holders across the business.
As the Accountant you will
- Assist with the annual budget setting process
- Variance analysis on budget vs forecast
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Preparation accounts and monthly subsidiary accounts in draft form, including accruals and prepayments and variance analysis
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Assist the annual audit process, liaising with external audit team and preparing the supporting working papers.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare the monthly cash flow analysis and update the forecast.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT return
- Review of monthly payroll calculations prior to submission.
The successful Accountant will be
Either ACCA / CIMA / AAT qualified or qualified by experience with a minimum of 2 years experience of working within a similar level position, i.e. operational level Accountant position.
Accountant - Benefits
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Free gym membership
- Free lunches everyday
- Car parking
- Hours 09.00am - 17:30pm
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)