Job Title: Enggineering Supervisor
I am recruiting for a FTSE-100 Defence & Engineering company and market leader in providing through life support to the armed forces. We are currently looking to recruit a number of engineering supervisors to oversee and manager successful production within a heavy vehicle workshop.
Although engineering experience is desirable, it is not essential. what is essential is the ability to manage people and process's and get the best out of team. If you come fro any technical background and have experience of managing teams you are encouraged to apply. All training will be provided to ensure that you succeed.
- Leading recruitment activities for roles in team
- Leading exit activities for team members
- Conduct line manager activities in grievance and disciplinary procedures in line with policy
- Managing employee welfare
- Overseeing performance of team members in line with policies
- Managing capability procedures of team in line with policies
- Managing absence procedures
- Delivering communications to team
- Up skilling and mentoring team
- Allocating resource efficiently to deliver Direct Labour Utilisation (DLU) and overtime targets
- To provide management cover for other Supervisors as required
- To ensure people under their control are following all HSE procedures
- Making sure correct equipment and PPE is supplied and fully compliant
- Liaising with workshop manager to provide statistics on team
- Level 2 & 3 NVQ (or equivalent) technical qualification
- Heavily health and safety orientated (Desirable: IOSH/NEBOSH/British safety council)
- Understanding of LEAN methods (Desirable)
- Experience managing teams of multifaceted engineers
- Strong ability to manage and motivate people
- Able to manage cultural change
- Process management
- Experience dealing with stakeholders and HR functions
What can we offer you?
- Excellent job security as demonstrated by our £20 billion order book
- Pension scheme with up to 8% employer contributions (variable)
- Life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Professional subscription support
- Occupational Health services
- Career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our award winning Investors in People Gold award Learning & Development teams.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market-leading organisation in an interesting environment. Successful candidates will have every opportunity to develop and progress their careers further. For more information or to make an application please get in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80265216