Kitchen and Bathrooms Showroom Assistant
Kitchen and Bathrooms Showroom Assistant– IDS - Chatham
What will I be doing in the role?
Working within our showroom, your role will be pivotal in sales and and providing a service to customers. You will need to build relationships with customers, both face to face and via the telephone, to help achieve sales growth for your showroom and impact the bottom line.
In the role Showroom Assistant you will;
- Provide every customer with an exceptional shopping experience enhanced with great after sales service.
- Provide the fast and friendly service our customers expect
- Complete inventory-taking and reconciling cash receipts
- Consistently maintain high levels of general housekeeping in the showroom area
- Cleaning and shelves/displays, ordering samples and brochures
- Examine products purchased for resale or received for storage to assess the condition of each product or item, cleanse of damage or unsellable goods
- Monitor sales, collections and delivery activities ensuring customers receive satisfactory service
For the Showroom Assistant we are looking for some of the below qualities;
- It would be an advantage to have some product knowledge or come from a related industry however full training will be provided.
- Have excellent communication skills
- You will thrive on delivering excellent customer service whilst providing them with services and products
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- High attention to detail and ability to solve problems using your own initiative
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to handle difficult and complicated sales
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Who are IDS?
International Decorative Surfaces (a part of Saint Gobain) is the UK's largest distributor of surfacing materials in flooring, worktops, laminates, panel products solid surfacing. The company is part of the Saint Gobain Group, as Europe's leading in building materials.
Working as part of an established team backed by the world’s leading building materials distributor in Saint Gobain you’ll be driving our sales over the phone alongside an established and close working team who like to work hard but also have fun! We truly invest in our team and support them in their career development. With such a significant presence both in the UK and worldwide, we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are you in?
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80251235