Financial Accountant (UK & ZA)
The Financial Accountant should ensure that the UK and South Africa entities are compliant with local regulations and the financial statements show a true and fair view of the business.
A local office of an American listed business situated in the North of Oxfordshire.
Currently this position would be responsible for the UK & South Africa entities. As the business grows The Financial Accountant may be assigned new entities that are being set-up with the following responsibilities:
- To ensure that the processes for posting accurate statutory and financial accounts are well managed within the strict accounting timetable, according to the local company law, US GAAP, taxation law and relevant accounting standards and to provide, on a monthly basis, a comprehensive package of financial reporting to the US parent company within define timelines.
- Work closely with the Shared Service Centre Teams by providing guidance on various accounting matters, facilitating any process improvement initiatives and helping resolve any issues.
- To ensure that all statutory accounting, taxation and company secretarial requirements are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner and act as a point of contact for any statutory agencies.
- To ensure continued compliance and necessary development of American regulations as well as interfacing with internal and external audit teams.
- To manage monthly review and control processes including but not limited to VAT accounting, Intercompany accounting, account reconciliations (BART), cost centre reporting and American regulations reporting.
- Provide support to initiatives that require local business unit finance participation and to manage various projects on an ad-hoc basis as they arise.
- Work with local advisors and accounting firms to ensure compliance with local law and existence of effective controls.
- Take ownership of external and internal audit.
- Keep records of contracts and obligations.
- Occasional support of due diligence for acquisitions.
- Financial education, university degree or comparable through experience, with special focus on accounting or financing
- 3-5 years relevant experience in accounting and financial management.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP, local GAAP, income tax regulation, VAT regulation.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret complex finance / cost accounting data and present the information in a clear and concise fashion local stakeholders
- Know how to work with SAP
- Understand the basics of Hyperion, I.e. know how to run a P&L and balance sheet.
- Strong Excel skills
- Customer Focus: Is concerned with helping and serving others.
- Accountability: Takes ownership by always delivering what is promised on time and to the quality standards agreed
- Analytical Thinker
£45-£55k per annum (pending experience level) + comprehensive benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80265045