Business Systems Analyst (Financial Services)
Working in the IT function you will be responsible for undertaking business & systems focused analysis activities to deliver a portfolio of strategic change initiatives. You will provide direct input into the Systems business strategy to ensure correct adoption and enhancement of technology.
Global Financial Services provider to leading International Insurance companies.
- Supports the development of applications and related components through the use of best-practice business analysis tools and techniques
- Delivers the outcome of analysis activities in well-presented documentation, clearly stating salient points in language that can be clearly understood by both business and technical stakeholders.
- Provides detailed analysis of cross-functional flows and processes, assessing up and down-stream systems impacts
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Managing expectations and conflicting priorities between business as usual and projects
- Management and supervision of the Insurance Systems team
- Contributes to shaping the direction and alignment of insurance systems strategy
- Obtains, analyses and documents user requirements from a range of stakeholders
- Works independently with users to define concepts / requirements and also under the direction of project managers as required
- Ensures requirements map to real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, are traceable to project objectives and meet essential quality standards and regulatory requirements
- Critically evaluates information related to solution proposals, reconciling conflicts, breaking down high-level requirements into the technical detail & understanding the scope & impact of changes on the firm's systems
- Collaborates with technical teams such as architects, developers and subject matter experts to understand the technical vision and analyse potential trade-offs between usability & optimum technical design
- Translates requirements into functional and non-functional definitions
- Prepares & leads functional design workshops
- Provide end to end support for the IT change request process including request documentation, assessment & co-ordination, release, support etc
- Recognised Business Analysis Diploma (ISEB/BCS) or equivalent
- Demonstrable Business and Functional analysis experience within a Professional Services environment, preferably within the legal sector
- A strong understanding of the full application development life cycle, preferably from both a waterfall and agile perspective
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirement statements
- Previous experience of managing a team would also be advantageous
- At least five years' experience of working in the insurance industry
- Evidence of experience completing full life cycle programmes and projects as either a Business or Business Systems Analyst
- Experience of directly managing a team
- Experience with the scoping SSRS/SQL reporting requirements
Excellent career progression, exposure to a wide range of systems / applications and direct input into a significant systems change programme. The organisation actively promotes professional development and a supportive environment combined with lifestyle and wellness benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80261837