Infrastructure Technical Specialist - Cloud Services
As the Technical Specialist - Cloud Services, you will provide technical expertise to manage and deliver multi-tenant cloud platforms hosted in global datacenters and servicing for a wide range of external customers
You must have hands-on experience in implementing and troubleshooting IT infrastructure and virtualization platforms including, but not limited, to the OS, storage, backup, and supporting applications.
Cloud Solutions team in a global technology player, huge brand offering a range of technology service and products to global clients. Slough based role.
- Provide technical leadership in provisioning and maintaining a multi-tenant hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Participate in presales activity as required.
- Provide customer facing expertise on multiple platforms and services e.g VMware, Openstack, AWS and Azure
- Support presales to close deals utilizing your knowledge on products and solutions.
- Contribute and assist with RFP responses.
- Cloud migrations - attend customer site(s) to audit, migrate and perform post migration analysis where required.
- Compose, publish and manage IT documentation.
- Identify technical service improvement areas and lead them to the closure with the help of the operations team.
- Validate bill of material for new cloud platform build.
- Train L2 teams on new solutions and services as required.
- Participation in disaster recovery solution design and testing.
- Collaborate with presales and sales teams to identify additional revenue.
Technical Specialist - Cloud Services
- IT infrastructure expertise gained from +10 years in hands on roles, ideally with relevant certifications across MS, ITIL, Virtualisation & Cloud technologies. CV must demonstrate:
- Build, configure and maintain server estate
- Active Directory at group policy level
- Virtualisation - VMWare/Hyper V
- Cloud platforms - Azure/AWS
- MYSQL / SQL Server
- You will have provided design, implementation and trouble shooting expertise for infrastructure and virtualised platforms- ideally for external clients
- You will be service focused, with an understanding of ITIL Incident/Change/Problem management processes. Ideally having worked with ITSM tools such as Remedy and ServiceNow.
- Commercial experience of both MS and Open Source technologies is highly desirable
- Experience of multi tier application stacks
Desirable Techncial Skills Include:
- Experience in MS SQL, Oracle, My SQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra etc on Amazon or Azure Cloud.
- Experience in VMware vCenter, vCloud Director, vR Ops, vRA and Zerto.
- Very good technical experience in EMC Storage, NetApp Storage, EMC Avamar, EMC Networker, Symantec NetBackup.
- OpenStack awareness and or understanding.
- Experience in working with tools such as Double Take Migration, Double Take Availability, Zerto, Veeam and Plate Spin.
Technical Specialist - Cloud Solutions - Professional Services
You will join a global brand, working in the UK business with excellent support from the Professional Services team. This is a great role for a confident and outgoing technical expert who wants to broaden their client facing skills and exposure to new technologies in a diverse range of end clients.
The benefits of working for a consultancy with minimal travel (1-2 times per month).
Great organisation, great role based in Slough. £50,000-£60,000 + benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80257366