Progress and Welfare Leader
We are looking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic Progress and Welfare leader to join our strong and committed academy team.
The core purpose of this role is to work with senior leaders in the hub to ensure that students have the highest standards of behaviour for learning, ensuring that their welfare and wellbeing continues to be at the heart of everything we do. The role will involve a wide range of student centred activity including close contact with parents, carers and external agencies.
Harris Invictus Academy Croydon was rated ‘outstanding’ in every category following its first ever Ofsted inspection in October 2016, only the seventh secondary free school in London to be rated ‘outstanding’. The academy opened with its first cohort in September 2014 and moved into a state-of-the-art, new building in September 2017. Harris Invictus presently has students from Year 7 to Year 10. The academy is oversubscribed and located in an area of disadvantage in West Croydon.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with energy and enthusiasm, who can encourage and inspire young people to achieve
- An effective team worker who is equally able to work under their own initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone who is sensitive in complex situations
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for a full job description and person specification.
Why work at Harris Invictus Academy Croydon?
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- The combination of traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology
- A central Croydon location, close to transport links and other amenities
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
The academy works within the wider Harris Federation; a supportive and highly successful group of academies all based in and around London. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
Please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link for full details and responsibilities.
For further information, please contact the academy on .
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.