Contracts Manager - Retail & Commercial Projects to £3m
Contracts Manager – Retail & Commercial Projects to £3m
- Salary: c£55k dependent on experience
- Car Allowance: £6,000
- Pension: 5% Non-Contributory Scheme
- Couple Private Medical Insurance
- Holidays: 25 days annual + 8 public (extra œ day on birthday
- Business mileage: 28p for first 10,000 miles, then 20p per mile thereafter.
Within the construction industry our client is one of the UK’s largest retail and commercial interiors contractors, providing products and services to create retail and commercial interior environments to its steadily increasing blue chip client base.
The Contracts Manager Role:
- Based in the North West they are currently recruiting for an experienced Contracts Managers. This role will be crucial in the successful delivery of fit out construction and refurbishment programmes, and role would ideally be suited to a Contracts Manager who comes from a Construction background, with broad experience in design and build and contractual knowledge.
- The role will be based in the North West and will require travel to and from sites as and when required. The post may assume the role as key account manager for clients, therefore, prior experience in a senior operational role within retail sector is paramount to lead and manage delivery for prestigious clients.
- This role will support the Operations Manager in the management of all operational issues; including the management and development of other operational managers. The role of Contracts Manager will assume overall responsibility for the management of a number of contracts (or a high volume contract/s). Therefore, it is critical that the successful candidates can demonstrate significant experience in managing multiple projects at any one time, with core time management, technical, planning and communication skills required, whilst ensuring all needs of the project are delivered.
- Working with the Commercial team, the Contacts Manager will be responsible for managing contracts’ finances and budgets as well as the procurement and management of sub-contractors and materials in order to produce relevant procurement schedules.
The Successful Contracts Manager:
- The ability to plan and monitor project delivery along with impeccable people management skills are just some of the skills needed to bring this job to life.
- Leadership, strong interpersonal credibility and the ability to interact with and be mindful of clients’ needs, both of the internal and external varieties, all figure highly in the profile for this role.
- Candidates with design and build and construction knowledge will offer a distinct advantage.
- The individual is also likely to have c5 years’ business experience with evidence of solid career progression. It is also desirable that candidates have experience in running large contracts with values ranging from £500k - £5m. Candidates must have design and build and construction knowledge.
- The ability to programme works – at tender stage or outset of project– is crucial; therefore, Asta Power Project or MS Project programming skills is essential.
- Successful candidates will be expected to consistently behave and interact in line with the values of the business, while leading their team, setting objectives and developing people in order to provide a service of quality to customers and clients, both internal and external.
- Ensuring compliance with all aspects of both Health & Safety Legislation and internal H&S Management System will be crucial. Successful candidates will also be skilled in delivering project programme and phasing presentations to clients, managing client, sub-contractor and team meetings effectively and managing their time and delegating effectively.
- The successful individual will be a dedicated and results-driven construction manager with a successful background in the achievement of profitable and quality-led contracts. Strong leadership and team management skills, coupled with a decisive problem solving ability and excellent time management skills are imperative to the role.
- You should have excellent communications skills as you will be required to express your opinions both in writing and verbally at internal and external meetings. In addition, you should be able to demonstrate a good track record of working with clients to meet their expectations as well as to deliver for the business.
Successful candidates will also:-
- hold a valid driving licence
- be fully IT literate in word and excel (at advanced level)
- hold previous line management experience (able to demonstrate all aspects of senior management experience)
- hold a valid CSCS card and have relevant H&S qualifications for the position (SMSTS, First Aid etc.)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960234165