Corporate Tax Manager
I am currently looking for a Corporate Tax manager / Assistant Manager to provide high quality corporate tax service and manage the tax compliance within the team of a highly successful firm of accountants in Poole.
My client are a very well regarded business based in Poole. They have seen substantial growth over the last few years and are considered one of the leading firms on the South Coast. They pride themselves on delivering the kind of service expected from the Big 4 but with personal relationships with their clients.
The main responsibilities of this Corporate Tax Manager role are:
- Be responsible for a portfolio of complex corporate tax cases
- Review returns prepared by other members of the corporate tax team, generally the complex returns
- Correspond with clients and deal with client enquiries in relation to their corporate tax issues and liabilities, ensuring any un-resolved issues are referred to the Director/Engagement Partner, including the initial handling/identification of both tax planning and tax investigation issues
- Undertake tax advisory projects particularly in relation to:
- Complex corporate tax compliance
- Reconstructions / demergers etc
- Equity incentives (EMI options for example)
- EIS / SEIS related matters
- International business taxes
- Ad hoc business tax advisory
- Tax enquiries
- Key support to the Partners/Directors in the delivery of high quality tax advice to our owner-managed business clients
- Proactively support colleagues in client and potential client meetings
- Maintain direct contact with clients, HMRC, solicitors, other accountancy, law and professional services firms in the delivery of an excellent client service
- Be technically up to date with relevant tax matters and be able to accurately interpret and apply current tax legislation
- Ensure work is delivered on time and to budget.
The successful candidate for this Corporate Tax Manager role will have:
- Previous experience in a tax compliance and/or advisory role at Manager or Assistant Manager level
- CTA and / or ACA / ACCA qualified (or willing to work towards the CTA qualification)
- Tax advisory experience an advantage
- Excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Accurate and able to work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Proficient in MS Office ie. Excel, Word, Outlook, and knowledge of Alphatax and Digita advantageous
- Fully aware and conversant with compliance standards.
On offer is a very competitive salary, the opportunity to work as part of a great team and the benefits associated with working within a leading business.
If this sounds of interest please get in contact with me directly on 02380 206 441 to discuss this as well as other relevant opportunities across the South Coast.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80227016