Linux - High Performance Comupting Engineer
Linux - High Performance Computing Engineer / HPC Consultant
Are you a specialist in setting up high performance computing infrastructure, including HPC clusters and storage capacity planning for really large scale, data intensive organizations?
Due to continued expansion our client, a leading provider of cloud and virtualisation solutions now has an exciting opening for a High Performance Engineer or consultant to find solutions for its clients in the life sciences industry.
Key responsibilities of the Linux High Performance Engineer
- Provide solutions for HPC clusters and act as a focal point for network users, plan and configure highly-available Linux clusters (ie: Rocks/ IBM platform or Bright)
- Instal and run acceptance tests during build
- Provide expertise on how to build and deploy turnkey solutions
- Be able to manage servers remotely
- Understand how to build or compile open source applications
- Ensure technical infrastructure adheres to required standards and policies as required
- Ensure disaster recovery plans are fully documented and understood
- Take responsibility for assigned product ranges and work alongside sales and marketing to bring these products to market
Highly Desirable skills for the Linux High Performance Engineer
- Data mining/ Hadoop experience
The successful candidate will be interested in a varied role, working across all segments of the HPC space, it joins a highly experienced team who'll provide support and the training required to ensure that consultants maintain the highest levels of expertise.
An excellent opportunity for a Linux High Performance Engineer, apply now for more details.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80224430