Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
To work alongside Production, Supply Chain, Finance and the IT teams to help analyse opportunities to increase Labour & Material efficiency through data-driven decision making.
A team that puts Lean and data analysis at the heart of decision making. The primary purpose of this role is to provide strategic and actionable insight for the UK Manufacturing Management team through self-service & predictive analysis impacting the core KPI's (Quality, Cost, Delivery) and also other factors that influence performance. My client are looking for an individual who can work alongside Production, Supply Chain, Finance and the IT teams to help analyse opportunities to increase Labour & Material efficiency through data-driven decision making. This role will also require a good understanding of the flow of products & material and how these can be better utilised to improve overall business yield and value.
The ideal candidate should be able to identify and implement real-time management dashboards that suit business needs. Should also be able to roll out SPC (Statistical Process Control) to enable predictive analysis.
- Own the design, development and management of data through a structured methodology
- Provide data-driven insight to support the decision making for the Manufacturing teams.
- Translating the data into actionable insight: eg: drawing actionable insights and explaining in a tailored way to your audience
- Gathering and analysing data from different source: eg: data extraction, data transformation, data manipulation
- Conduct complex queries on our database to prove/disprove hypotheses within the Manufacturing environment
- Analyse Production performance and provide suggestions to improve Capacity, Yield & Efficiency
- Challenge and improve existing processes and metrics
- Review and interpret automated reporting, giving insight to rest of the team
- Define new automated reports required, and work with reporting team to automate them
- Work collaboratively with another business unit to develop common approach and share learnings and insight
- Introduce predictive modelling of Production data to the manufacturing team
Who you are:
- Highly analytical with good understanding of manufacturing and excellent attention to detail
- Resourceful and independent - can work with deadlines and standards without supervision
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Strong co-ordination & communication skills
- Ready to build, develop & mentor a team
- Ability to influence people at every level within the organisation
What you will bring - essential skills and experience:
- 2-3 years minimum in an analytical role
- Minimum 2:1 Degree ideally in a numerate discipline from top university
- Advance database interrogation & programming skills (relational database, advance select queries, indexes and constraints)
- Advance/intermediate hands-on experience in creating real-time dashboards using PHP, HTML, SQL or similar tools
- Advance MS Excel (Index, Match, VBA, Macro, Power Pivot, Solver, Simulations, complex formulas)
- Understanding SPC (Statistical Process Control), 'R', Python, Minitab, SPSS or similar statistical tools would be advantageous
- Fair understanding of an ERP system
- Experience of Data analysis using multiple tools
- Knowledge of QlikView, Tableau or similar BI tools
- Previously worked with a large data sets
- Able to work on several projects at the same time and prioritise effectively
- Able to work efficiently and deliver projects quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good general business acumen (preferable experience in data-rich analysis-driven organizations)
- Ability to build strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Creative, proactive and eager to learn
My cleint are offering a salary of upto £40,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80212523