Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
£38,00 to £42,000 + company pension scheme & generous holiday entitlement
A global manufacturer and supplier of precision manufacturing equipment is looking for an Mechanical Design Engineer to be responsible for delivering innovative designs, quality improvements, cost reductions and lead time reductions in standard and application specific products. Working within a team ensuring products, customer projects and strategic business objectives are delivered to quality standards, on time and within budget.
* Preparation of design proposals for bespoke applications
* Preparation of conceptual designs and rendered images
* Develop, maintain and amend engineering design drawings using 2D and 3D software packages. Preferably Autodesk Inventor
* Contribute to new product design, reducing costs and lead times by investigating and implementing new design techniques and manufacturing processes
* Liaise with suppliers to find optimal design solutions
* Responsible for carrying out risk assessments and advising safe methods of work
* Responsible for ensuring designs meet required regulatory compliance, CE compliance, Machinery Directives, LVD, etc.
* Preparation of technical quotations
* Producing estimates of product costs
* Develop accurate bills of materials
* Plan and organise own daily & weekly workload to ensure delivery of project milestones and longer-term strategic business objectives
* Provide technical assistance to Mettler Toledo's Marketing Organisations and internal departments.
* Prepare product test and validation documents.
* Experience with Ansys Mechanical Pro or other FEA simulation tools would be advantageous
* Participate in and recommend continuous improvement activities
* Liaise with other departments to efficiently and effectively resolve problems
* Promote, improve and maintain appropriate quality systems during the design process.
* Ensure safety, health and environment is inherent in all projects.
* Identify own training needs and communicate these through to Line Manager and Senior Manager.
Key Experience And Education
* Educated to degree level in Mechanical Design or relevant experience
* Experience in design engineering within a low or medium volume production environment or instrumentation industry
* Formal design change management knowledge
* Experience with sheet metal
* 2D and 3D design techniques
* Logical and Analytical
Benefits: Annual Bonus, Overtime, Pension, 25 Days Holiday (+ Bank Holidays), BUPA Healthcare
Commutable: Rochdale, Sale, Warrington, Knutsford, Macclesfield and Ashton-under-Lyne
If you are interested in this role and feel that you have the right skills then please click apply.
For further details, please contact Khalid Oukhellou on; 01707 247259 or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80226535