Engineering Product Manager
Engineering Product Manager
Competitive salary + car, company pension scheme & generous holiday entitlement
A global manufacturer and supplier of precision weighing equipment used within laboratories and industrial manufacturing is looking for an Engineering Product Manager to be responsible for active collaboration in helping sell of the companies products. You will work with the senior management team to develop and document product strategy. As the Engineering Product Manager you will support in all product management matters relating to metal detection systems.
* Work together with other PLM members, as appropriate, to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
* Effective communication from the market (Customers, MO's, etc) to the SBU / PO with regard to market requirements and development of requirement specifications.
* Effective communication from the NPI teams to the sales and marketing teams ensuring product releases and updates are effective and timely
* Establishing, implementing and administrating pricing policies. Maintain product pricing within SAP.
* Promote potential improvements to established designs.
* Development of sales tools, arguments and competitive product analysis. Develop counter arguments to competitor's sales arguments and marketing material and become an expert with respect to the competition.
* Product oversight and steerage leading to improved product technical documentation (Manuals, Labels, DoC's, etc)
* Timely investigation, analysis, resolution and documentation of internal and external reported issues that specifically relate to product management issues.
* Support engineers and others within business to resolve both process and technical problems via the application of disciplined problem solving techniques.
* Monitor individual employees' performance (if assigned direct reports)
* Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
* Ensure that duties are carried out in accordance with all company policies, procedures and processes
Key Experience And Education
* Bachelor's degree in an electronics / electrical of science related discipline.
* Post graduate commercial, marketing and / or general management education and experience
* Proven technical management / leadership experience in an electronics development orientated organisation
* Proven experience working through the PLM lifecycle delivering physical products to market
* A record of successful delivery of commercial solutions as an individual, team leader and / or Product Manager
* Possess a wide range of process knowledge and experience gained within an electronics production environment
* Experienced in Product Management or similar technical / commercial role with the ability to demonstrate success in defining and launching market leading products
* Good understanding of the firmware / hardware development lifecycle and a basic understanding of digital and analogue design principles
* Proven analytical skills
* Proven multi-disciplined problem solving and decision making with good team working.
* Experience working within a technically challenging, fast paced environment with proven ability to apply sound judgement in successful task planning and execution
* Proven ability to generate excitement and enthusiasm to influence cross functional teams without functional authority
* Proven professional capability to balance and deliver multiple phased projects.
Benefits: Company Car, Annual Bonus, Overtime, Pension, 25 Days Holiday (+ Bank Holidays), BUPA Healthcare
Commutable: Rochdale, Sale, Warrington, Knutsford, Macclesfield and Ashton-under-Lyne
If you are interested in this role and feel that you have the right skills then please click apply.
For further details, please contact Khalid Oukhellou on; 01707 247259 or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80224844