Primary Education Specialist (SEN)
Job Title: PrimaryEducation Specialist
Company: Fresh Start in Education Ltd.
Contract type: Bank Staff
Location: Hayes/ West London
Salary: Up to £180 / session
The role of a Primary Education Specialist varies from one student to the next, but the single, most-important requirement of this role is that you put the student's needs at the forefront of all that you do, whilst they are in your care. Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, delivering and reviewing bespoke sessions by utilising formative and summative assessments as well as targets provided alongside the student's interests and complex needs.
- Sessions will take place in a suitable learning environment outside of a school setting.
- Sessions will be scheduled between Monday - Friday (term-time) for a duration of between 3 to 6 hours per session.
- Documenting, reporting and evidencing learning.
- Completing risk assessments to provide a safe environment for yourself and the student.
- Embedding safeguarding practices in your work and adhere to all company policies.
- Communicating regularly with your line manager (Education Coordinator).
- Attending meetings to evidence your student's progression and development (if required).
- Attending any required training that contributes to the role of an Education Specialist.
How does this work?
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. works on a referrals basis and so when you are matched with a student, you will be contacted to discuss the placement and be given information about the student and the requirements of the provision. Please note that due to the nature of incoming referrals, the hours of work and a start date cannot be guaranteed until a suitable placement has been identified.
A session can take place in a variety of locations, however it must be a suitable and safe learning environment for the student and you. The location of the provision is usually arranged by Fresh Start in Education.
How am I paid?
You will be paid monthly on a sessional rate, which is determined by Fresh Start in Education upon offer of a Bank Staff agreement. This will be based on your relevant qualifications, training and (length and type of) experience.
You will be able to claim for expenses towards activities, resources and materials up to £15 per session. You will also be able to claim for your travel at 40p per mile (after the first 40 miles / session). If you prefer to use public transport, Fresh Start will cover any standard train or bus ticket over £10 (with you paying the first £10).
What's in it for me?
Working for Fresh Start in Education and being a part of a national team of specialists is an incredible opportunity to do something different, purposeful and rewarding. In this role you will be challenged and given many opportunities to develop and expand your skills, teaching methods and various approaches to learning.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. offer ongoing practical and theoretical training courses throughout the year which contribute towards your own Continuing Professional Development.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. is founded on safeguarding principles and this is evident not only throughout the company's policies and procedures, but is demonstrated by the staff and Education Specialists through their dedication and commitment to keeping children safe.
The recruitment process shares and reflects this ethos, and due to the stringent and rigorous checks implemented, Fresh Start in Education ensure that only the most suitable candidates will be added to the Education Specialist register. The checks undertaken include:
- Employment and character reference checks
- Enhanced Child and Adult DBS checks
- ID, Right to Work and Proof of Address checks
- Validation of UK and International Qualifications and Training
- International Police checks (if applicable)
Safeguarding is implemented not just within the recruitment process, but throughout your time working as an Education Specialist. Regular monitoring, appraisals and review meetings are carried out during each placement. There is also a 3-month probation period to ensure that each Education Specialist performs consistently and delivers a high level of education and engagement required by the Company.
Some of the qualities and preferable skills that are required for this role are:
- Good communication and listening skills
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English
- Acceptable computing and web based skills
- Versatile and creative teaching methods
- Good organisation and administrative skills
Some of the desired characteristics and attributes we're looking for are:
- To have an empathetic and caring nature
- To be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- To be understanding and honest
- To convey a holistic and person-centred approach to teaching
- To remain calm under pressure
- To make calculated decisions in stressful situations
- To remain professional and represent the Company at all times
For more information please call us on 020 3409 3139. We want to hear form you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80193464