Pricing and Underwriting Manager
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced Pricing and Underwriting Manager to join a highly reputable business in Cheshire. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys the challenge of managing insurance risk and has a good understanding of pricing and underwriting principles and philosophy.
Duties of the Pricing and Underwriting Manager include:
- Manage the annual review of the pricing and benefits on all products, recommending to the Executive team any changes being proposed
- Develop pricing strategies
- Manage the process for pricing bespoke products
- Work with the Head of Business Development and the Retention team to review pricing
- Work with IT and the P&U team to manage the development of new and existing pricing spreadsheets for use by the Sales Team
- Work with the Product Development manager to produce business cases for new products and tenders as appropriate
- Work with the Product Development manager to maintain Terms & Conditions
- Develop reports on underwriting risks for the management and Exec / Senior management team
- Review and annually update the Pricing & Underwriting strategy and policy
- Work with the Actuarial Function to determine possible capital consequences of any pricing decisions
- Any other work relating to Pricing & Underwriting of the current or future products
- Manage a team of 2
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Educated to degree level 2:2 or above (mathematics, economics/business management or finance related)
- IT skills particularly the Microsoft Office suite of products with excellent Excel skills
- Experience of managing a small team of both technical and administrative staff
- A good understanding of pricing & underwriting principles and philosophy
- Interact effectively at all levels
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, particularly putting technical areas in simple terms
Salary is dependant on the individual's experience, however the company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking
- Free electric hook up for electric cars
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym
- Free refreshments (tea, coffee, juice etc.)
- Training and development support
- Quarterly on site wellbeing therapy treatments
- Employee development scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Jemma Bailey.
Suitable CV's will be contacted immediately, with interviews taking place the week within the next few weeks.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use year's experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80203064