Assistant Property Accountant
Assistant Property Accountant based in Oxford paying between £25,000 and £28,000 per annum DOE.
Your new company
Your new company is a leading estate agent and property consultancy based in Oxford. They are currently seeking two part qualified Assistant Property accountants to support the Finance Manager. The business have recently acquired a new contract and require support to implement processes and procedures in connection with the Commercial client portfolio.
Your new role
In your new role you will be reporting directly to the Finance Manager and will work within a fast-paced team to ensure the efficient and accurate accounting of client and tenant funds. You will be responsible for management of accounting processes and procedures and financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting. The main responsibilities will include;
- Monthly & quarterly client reporting
- Submission of VAT returns and preparation of VAT reports
- Preparation of service charge budgets and reconciliations
- Reconciliation and control of deposit monies and all client bank accounts
- Issuing rent demands
- Deliver a complete payment service including review, authorisation and payment of invoices
- Provide budget rent reports
- Cash-flow reporting
- Administrative and ad-hoc duties
- Ensuring systems are updated on a timely and accurate basis
- Supporting other members of the client accounting team and providing cover in periods of absence of other team members
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed you will have previous experience in a similar role and be qualified to AAT level or equivalent. You will have an understanding of general accounting, client accounting and VAT and knowledge of MS excel at an intermediate level is essential.
An understanding of leases and VAT in respect of land and property would be advantageous. You will also possess the ability to work unsupervised and use initiative to complete tasks. You will be a strong team player who can work well under pressure.
What you'll get in return
This is a full time permanent, full time position offering a salary between £25,000 and £30,000 per annum dependant on experience. You will receive an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, pension, death in service and additional flexible benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80170299