6 month contract
This leading telecoms company are seeking an experienced Project Planner to join their team in Berkshire.
Working within the Transformation Team and reporting into the Head of Planning, you will be assigned workstreams and have ownership of these plans that link to the overall plan.
You will ensure the functional delivery plans clearly identify dependencies, assumptions, resource requirements and that the critical path clearly identified. You will also attend functional planning meetings, take the lead role to ensure the tracking of plans and schedules, perform analysis to identify and resolve critical path and dependency conflicts.
You will be utilising Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Provide expert planning support and assist in the development of the planning processes; identification of key stakeholders; communication.
- To develop, maintain and progress quality project plans / schedules in line with the functional processes and transformation project requirements.
- Maintain key interdependencies between projects and programmes confirming appropriate monitoring and action is undertaken as required in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the project plans / schedules developed and utilised
- Validate plans / schedules in line with the agreed strategy and base-lined plan ensuring that functions use the change process to manage any variances to plan.
- To act as the key point of interface between the transformation team and the functional
You must have:
- Experience of planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team.
- Expert experience in MS Project 2010 & 2016 is essential.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Proficient in portfolio, programme and project risk and issue management
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders cross functionally.
- A working knowledge of project methodologies such as PRINCE2, PMI or Agile.
- Experience of portfolio management tools such as Microsoft Enterprise Project Server.
- Good knowledge of SQL or business objects.
For more information please apply here or send a CV direct to .
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80151224