Applications Engineer - West Sussex - from £38000pa plus benefits.
Our West Sussex based client is a global manufacturer of automated machinery. They require an Applications Engineer to provide sales and product support to Customers, Sales Companies and Business Development Managers, to grow sales and maintain existing business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design and development of Application Team new products/applications.
2. Customer's trial support, advice, supervision and management. Data analysis.
3. Supporting the installation of company products, occasionally travelling to visit sites in order to resolve technical issues, mainly in UK/Europe.
4. Technical Support for all queries regarding product range from internal and external customers. Support normally provided via e-mail and telephone occasionally in person at customer's site.
5. To provide technical solutions and troubleshoot reported issues on all product range. Being able to write technical documentation and reports.
6. Working in conjunction with the Research team investigating unexpected product issues developed in the field.
* Relevant Degree level qualification (Science/Engineering) and substantial technical background.
* Can-do attitude and flexibility. Previous hands-on experience of electro-mechanical applications/environments is highly desirable.
* Proven ability to learn new technologies.
* Troubleshooting, Problem Solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent communication skills. Excellent written and spoken English.
* Comfortable to work with Computers. Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel. PowerPoint etc.)
* Able to promptly reply to business critical queries.
* Comfortable with off-site working in UK and overseas including vessels (typically commercial shipping).
* Accuracy and attention to details. Awareness of the varying level of client's technical competency.
Please contact Steve Read at Search Technical for more details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80202394