Junior Product Developer
Working alongside the Senior Product Developer, designer and Buying team, providing support with the continous improvement of product from a technical & commercial perspective, ensuring that quality is maintained and compliance legislation is adhered to.
Improving retail sales and margin improvement is the key objective of this role.
A well established retailer with 1000+ stores worldwide. The client is at the forefront of the latest in equipment and clothing technology, for those seeking good value outdoor products.
- Assisting the setting up of size specs / blocks & graded size specs for all product areas.
- Issuing size specs for development & production to factories & suppliers to ensure continuity & consistency across the board.
- To inspect & measure garments (proto samples through to production).
- Assist in fit meetings, ensuring that technical packs / fit comments are sent to suppliers & factories without any delay.
- Working alongside the merchandising team, helping maintain the critical path for all orders.
- Ensure product quality is kept up to standard.
- Providing support for the Product Developer to ensure that factories follow company supplier guidelines.
- To work alongside the factory for fabric testing & for care label development & approval.
- Sample product in line with the Sourcing Strategy Approve factory lab dips and fabric testing.
- Approve PP's, AQLs and gold seal product.
- Checking factory invoices
- Liaise with merchandising on order placement - checking orders and liaising with factories on all orders
- Approve lab-dips and strike offs with the design and buying team.
- Work with the warehouse & review any returned samples.
- Ensure product compliance.
- Visit the warehouse trips to liaise with the QA team
- PLM support
- Develop the accessories range for a specific brand - managing the entire process
- Minimum 2 years' relevant industry experience in product development
- Experience of working within an outdoor/ sports brand would be an advantage
- Must have strong MS Excel skills
- A good understanding of garment production processes
- Must have experience of working and communicating with manufacturers
- Able to proactively manage own workload and communicate advice to suppliers
- Good planning and organisational skills, adaptable to change and be able to meet the needs of the business;
- Good communication skills - written and spoken
Competitive Salary with additional benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80191091