Morson International Accountancy and Finance Division is recruiting for a Management Accountant to work at our clients premisies based in Swindon, Wiltshire.
Purpose of the Role:
The key focus of this role is to support the Finance Team in day to day activities, ensuring that a high degree of accuracy is maintained in a consistent manner, both internally within the Finance department and wider in respect of financial activities across the business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Management Accountant will assist in the collation of financial data, processing of invoices, to ensure that records are maintained in an up to date and accurate manner.
In addition to ensure all departmental administration tasks are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
Main Responsibilities & Duties will include, but is not exhaustive (without prejudice):
- All accounts payable & receivable tasks.
- Preparation and input of accruals, prepayments and other journals.
- Manage petty cash, credit card and cash expenses.
- Bank postings and daily reconciliation.
- Account preparation to Trial Balance.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and reconciling fixed asset additions/disposals.
- Preparation and production of the monthly management accounts.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide support and assistance with year-end statutory accounts.
- Maintain accurate financial records at all times.
- Liaising with other departments and managing expectations.
- Preparing accounts to agreed internal deadlines to a standard that is suitable for the first review ensuring all queries are appropriately reported to.
Skills & Experience:
CIMA / ACCA Finalist
Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
Proven track record in process improvement.
Excellent English verbal & written communication skills.
Excellent organisation skills.
Ability to work in an accurate manner and have a clear understanding of numerical data.
Good time management.
Good Microsoft Word & Excel skills.
Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external customers and maintain effective working relationships.
High Attention to detail.
Committed & enthusiastic with the ability to remain calm & consistent when under pressure.
Tactful & diplomatic approach.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80201648