- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Prepare journal entries along with synthesizing common ledger for subsidiary accounts.
- Develop good knowledge of company chart of accounts and ensure adherence thereto while recording financial information.
- Send request for, and determine appropriateness and correctness of accruals in the books for each month end reporting including half year and annual reporting.
- Ensure correctness of day to day accounting processes such as A/P and Journal Entries plus monthly closure of books & accounts.
- Perform personnel accounting including but not limited to salaries posting, expense reports, expatriate insurance etc.
- Assist in currency revaluations at each month end on SAP.
- Highlight & Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Assist in monitoring working capital situation at fortnightly intervals and suggest appropriate actions to management where required to optimise cash flow operations.
- Prepare and analyse vendor and GL account reconciliations on monthly basis including Intercompany account management and reconciliation.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain accounting & internal controls by ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and recommending improvements thereto
- Guide accounting staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Check documents by monitoring and implementing all accounts payable checks including but not limited to contractual compliance checks in relation to approved contract values, tariffs, fees etc. for onward payment by Treasury function.
- Post vendor invoices and ensure correctness of invoice register
- Monitor ageing of overdue invoices through bi-weekly reports
- Ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Company & Finance Dept. policies and procedures
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Comply with international & local financial & legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare Adhoc financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational training & workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Degree in finance related subject. Masters preferred
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- SAP or similar
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Must have Oil & gas project background ideally covering all stages of projects
Please apply to Alan Steer
Recruitment Holdings Ltd (RHL) acts as an employment agency and employment business
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80188240