Group Statutory Accountant
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Due to growth within the company we are now looking for a Group Statutory Accountant to be based with our team in our Uxbridge office. The position is responsible for producing and delivering all group and subsidiary statutory financial information, including audited and non-audited subsidiary and joint venture statutory accounts (both limited companies and LLP’s) as well as assisting with the completion of the delivery of the Group consolidated half year and year end statutory accounts.
This will require working with the Group finance team, divisional finance directors and finance managers, the external auditors as well as other divisional teams.
This role sits within the Group Finance team, reporting through to the Director of Group Finance.
- Preparing the statutory accounts for subsidiary and JV companies and assisting in preparing the Group consolidated statutory accounts
- Liaising with the auditors
- Analysing variances and providing commentary to the senior stakeholders
- Assisting with Group budgeting and forecasting
- Maintaining key relationships both within finance and across the business
- Involved with automating and improving controls and processes in respect of the preparation and delivery of statutory accounts
- Ownership of Report Authority, the automated Hyperion system for delivering completed statutory accounts
- Responsible for completion of tagging of statutory accounts for iXbrl
- Advise and contribute on projects that impact the statutory reporting team and wider reporting team, eg. new accounting standards
- Initiation of continual improvement projects to ensure the audit process becomes more efficient and controlled for all parties
- Advise on and support the resolution of technical accounting queries
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant
- Statutory accounting expertise, preferably gained in a medium to large business
- Consolidation experience preferable
- Excellent attention to detail
- A natural ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- An inquisitive mind-set and continuously seek process improvement
- A motivated self-starter with proven track-record of working to tight deadlines
- The desire to work in a business that pride themselves on promoting internally and creating a first class finance function
- Experience of working in a Group setting
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
We are one of the UK’s leading house building and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 4,700 employees working on a huge range of house building and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Located within central hubs or embedded within the operational business, our support services team provide the Group with the necessary tools, systems and advice to ensure we are able to deliver the best possible service to our employees and clients. Dedicated service teams include: Finance and Accounting, Company Secretarial, Risk and Internal Audit, Legal, IT, Human Resources & Training, Health, Safety & Sustainability, Corporate Responsibility, Communications.
Galliford Try celebrates a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all applications
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80184229