Meyer Scott Ref: VR/06133
Our client is a centre for excellence for sub-contract engineering services and bespoke prototype pieces as well as volume production.
With a range of excellent high end clients, the company pride themselves on their second to none engineering facility, diverse expertise and committed team of technicians, engineers, welders, Project managers and alike.
This includes a recognized team of apprentices who are attentively guided through their chosen career path. With a strong focus on excellent service and a productive and happy workforce they are a leader in their field
Our client are currently looking for a GIBBS Programmer to join our rapidly expanding business unit. In you will be involved in the manufacturing of complex parts typically for use in motor sport power transmission and engine assembly. These are machined from large castings in very small batches. The parts are of high value, made to a very high standard and we expect zero scrap.
The role involves:
· Supporting the business with offline programming of complex parts
· You will have excellent CAD/CAM skills (software - Gibbs)
· You will be a casting specialist
· Use of Fanuc, Haas and Heidenheim controlled machines
· Reading and interpretation of very complex drawings
· Design and manufacture of fixtures and tooling
· Setting up new jobs
· You will be working to very tight tolerances (microns)
· Loading, examining and modifying CNC programmes
· Use your good understanding of what a programme is going to do in order that equipment and parts are protected from potential damage
· Documenting the work done accurately and comprehensively
· Be able to interface with customers and understand the importance of customer requirements
· Experience of working to achieve project deadlines
Working in a supported environment you will need you to have:
· A strong engineering background
· Excellent attention to detail
· A right first time approach
· Experience of working with low volume/high value parts
Hours: 8.30 - 4.30 Monday and Thursday, finishing 7.30am - 1pm on a Friday.
Benefits: 4% Contributory Pension, Early Friday finish, 31 days holiday and Car Allowance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80191521