Front End Developer
Mid/Senior Front End Developer
We currently working with an award winning digital creative web design agency and they are expanding and are looking to strengthen their team with the recruitment of a Mid/Senior Front End Developer. They cover mobile app design and website development.
What will you be doing...
You will be an Mid/Senior Front End Developer looking to further your skills as a front-end expert. Working with blue-chip clients with complex and technically challenging front-end projects. We're looking for someone with a passion for everything front-end and who thrives in an environment where they need to maintain high quality front-end code across large and intricate codebases.
You will be evangelising best practices in front-end internally and externally to our stakeholders. You will be making sure that your work, and everyone else at our agency's work, meets the highest standards of quality with a desire to mentor and share knowledge with junior developers.
We're looking for...
- Extremely high levels of understanding of frontend technologies
- A passion for CSS and a broad knowledge of the CSS toolkit, namely: CSS, LESS, SCSS, and one of Object Oriented CSS, BEM, SMACSS or Atomic CSS.
- Good exposure to the widely adopted 'CSS frameworks' that are commonly used, namely: Bootstrap, Foundation, Semantic UI, Neat etc.
- A good understanding of frontend tooling for package management and building: npm, yarn, gulp, grunt, webpack.
- Some experience with a frontend templating framework such as mustache (handlebars/hogan), ejs, liquid, jade etc.
- A good all round ability with JS for frontend application. You should feel comfortable, manipulating, animating, transforming and moving elements with JS. Some experience of consuming APIs is helpful.
- Familiarity with browser developer tools and a keen interest in site performance after TTFB. Should know some techniques for improving site performance, e.g: minification, concatenation, inlining, lazy loading, caching, etc.
- A basic understanding of git and shell.
- Knowledge of any libraries: jQuery, lodash etc.
- Knowledge of any frontend frameworks: react, etc.
- Experience with node.js and the express.js, hapi.js, sails.js or meteor.js frameworks.
In return, you'll get...
R&D time every fortnight.
A fun and supportive working environment.
Your own MacBook Pro.
Flexible working hours.
Salary Guide: £25,000 - £40,000.
Location: Ashford, Kent.
Please apply for the Frontend Developer role with a cover letter and CV and also we would really like to see some code you've written. A GitHub or Bitbucket URL is ideal.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80197549