Senior Engineer - Product Quality
To plan and coordinate activities within the Quality department in order to deliver agreed project goals. As a project team member, the job holder shall also monitor and drive achievement of project and product requirements on behalf of the Quality function in line with company PEP; including, but not limited to, customer driven requirements. The position will support related Module activities for CMP, 6xx, 7xx and 8xx platform teams.
Technical product specialist within the Quality Projects & Product Team
- Responsible for the detail understanding of quality critical and legislative requirements of their parts suite.
- Detailed understanding of past, current and desired performance of module specific systems & parts.
- Weak point identification and mitigation - e.g. Audit, Concept, Design, Manufacture, Service, Safety requirements, reliability testing and Quality release Critical Concerns.
- Generation of warranty prognosis & systems target setting for incidence.
- Incorporate Customer satisfaction survey feedback to influence design and concept decision making.
Module team member of all relevant projects
- Attendance of required quality project meetings.
- Attendance of required Module and S-Team meetings
Report Quality status into the Quality Projects and Product team
-Ensure relevant Quality functions support Module activities and deliverables. (e.g. KAF car build and release process & QMB activity)
- Coordinate and manager quality project deliverables for the Module
-Support the Quality Project Leader in resolving issues relating to the delivery of quality targets
- Approve ECR's, AEKO's and Permit on behalf of Quality
- Ensure appropriate Quality attendance at critical activities (e.g. design reviews, FMEASs, part clubs, Virtual and physical design sign off events.)
- Coordinate review and sign off of bid-specs and PDS's.
- Coordinate Quality sign-off of cross functional B-releases
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrable experience in automotive model development programmes or other automotive Product Emergence Process.
- Demonstrable experience of, and a clear understanding of, the management systems and processes required to develop and launch new vehicles or products of similar complexity.
- Previous experience in quality planning and an understanding of the delivery requirements if desirable e.g. part maturation, Meisterbuck/ cubing concern management etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of customer satisfaction requirements for upper luxury sector.
- Highly computer literate and possessing excellent presentation skills.
- Able to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to communicate convincingly at all levels.
- Experience and effective facilitator of cross functional working groups.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80187669