Lead Systems Engineer
Lead Systems Engineer
Leonardo - Engineering the future
We are an international leader in the development of cutting edge sensor products deployed across a wide range of airborne platforms for our Aerospace and Defence customers.
- Our technology defines the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon
- Our products help return service men and women safely home to their families
- Our surveillance radar helps coastguards to save lives of people lost at sea
- We are number 1 in Airborne Infra-Red Counter Measures, in Airborne Laser Designators and in Airborne Radar outside of the US
You will be joining our team of over 1,000 highly skilled engineers at our Edinburgh site. This is a great opportunity to bring your talents to our world class facility and form an integral part of Leonardo’s future.
We are looking for creative thinkers who have a passion for applying technology to solve real world problems and developing our next generation of world beating products.
Contemporary radar systems are required to provide essential situational awareness to pilots and operators across a range of operational scenarios that are far more diverse and demanding than any of their predecessors. To achieve this they must balance unprecedented levels of performance and technological innovation with the simultaneous need for exceptional in-service reliability and safety. These exacting demands lead to an equally comprehensive set of contractual requirements whose satisfaction must be proven before a radar development programme can be considered complete.
Proving to the satisfaction of a customer that their contractual requirements have been satisfied is a challenging, broad ranging and highly involved activity requiring careful planning, preparation and meticulous execution.
This leading role within Leonardo UK’s Airborne & Space Systems Division in Edinburgh resides at the very heart of this activity. Working within a European collaborative project team, the successful candidate will lead a major requirements verification activity: managing the coordination and collation of multiple sources of test evidence originating from software models, environmental test chambers, EMC test facilities through avionic integration facilities to data derived from dedicated flight trials.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Taking full ownership of the project verification strategy.
- Engaging with and co-ordinating verification test evidence from all Engineering disciplines and partner companies within the consortium.
- Taking full responsibility for schedule adherence.
- Provision of regular progress reports.
- Ensuring the quality and fidelity of key deliverables is constantly assured.
- Creation and maintenance of a Verification Plan.
- Maintenance of an up to date System Verification Cross Reference Matrix.
- Establishing and maintaining productive interfaces to key stakeholders within the project consortium and with key representatives of the customer community where necessary.
- Identification of key risks and associated mitigation activities.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You will be experienced in systems engineering processes, life-cycle and procedures, including system specification, verification methods and procedures.
You will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience working within a multi-disciplinary team. A proactive attitude in the resolution of day to day issues is required and a level of self-confidence and motivation consistent with a minimal need for supervision is also mandatory.
The following skills and experience are required/desirable:
- Team leadership experience/leading a multidiscipline team is essential.
- Ability to liaise with other engineers and work as part of a team.
- Experience of managing and evaluating the outturn of the testing of complex Hardware / Software requirements.
- Ability to collect verification evidence and supporting data and collate against the verification matrix for the purposes of compliance demonstration is essential.
- Familiarity with RF systems/Radar System design and operation is essential.
- Experience of Requirements Management Planning.
- Experience of Requirements definition and apportionment.
- Experience of Verification Matrix definition.
- Experience of DOORS is essential.
So now you’re part of our team…
You will benefit from everything you would expect from an industry leading people focussed company. This includes flexible working arrangements and generous benefits that can be tailored to your individual lifestyle. You will also benefit from training opportunities, access to leisure facilities, childcare and retail vouchers and an award-winning pension scheme.
Due to the nature of the tasks involved, any candidate being considered mush be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and may require access to caveated information such as UK Eyes Only and ITAR.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960214253