Role: UI Designer
Location: Central London
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: ASAP
Mu Central London based client is currently looking for an experienced UI Designer to join them on an initial 3 month contract. The successful candidate will have a strong portfolio displaying a range of design work and will be confident working with UX designers and developers. You will have worked on project deliveries with familiarity of Waterfall and Agile approaches as well as having strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a project team with multi disciplines.
Key Technical Skills:
- Strong sketch design software familiarity with an artistic eye for detail
- Understand HTML5, CSS3 and can work with a SVN code repository
- Understand quality assurance benchmarks W3C/WCAG validation
- Writes valid and accessible HTML/CSS
- Understands workflow management tools; Confluence/Jira or similar i.e. Basecamp
- Familiar with ARIA and WCAG 2.0 and web accessible tools such as screen readers
- Design within brand guidelines and for UI consistency
- Ecommerce design, user flows and UI design patterns for mobile / current trends
- Responsive design optimisation for layout and touch interactions
- SVG icon fonts and responsive imagery approaches
- Cross browser/ device testing approaches for UI issues
It would be desirable if candidates are familiar with Subversion code management software and have an interest in mobile first progressive enhancement responsive design approach and web
design using a component library framework.
If this role sounds of interest and you require further information then please respond with an up to date copy of your CV.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960206310