Senior MVC Developer
Senior MVC Developer - Harrogate
We are looking for a talented Senior Developer to write amazing code and actively contribute to team development. The ideal candidate will have significant experience across the range of technologies we use and will be able to bring new ideas to the table.
As a Senior Developer you will be a highly technical individual needing a strong understanding of development concepts, patterns & practices and requiring hands-on experience of a broad range of web technologies and tools. In this role you will be a hands-on contributor with the ability to guide process, documentation and milestone planning as it pertains to our agile development process.
* Be a driving force in identifying and championing best practice
* Work closely with the Product, Design and Software Leads to create innovative solutions to deliver new features and improvements to our rapidly growing platform
* Understand business goals, product roadmaps, KPIs and user insights to translate into clear priorities for yourself
* Keep customers (users of the platform) in mind and represent them at every step of the development process
As a Senior Developer, you must be a strong web-based developer with the ability to push the limitations of the web to support user needs and business objectives with solutions based on solid development practices.
* Reports to Head of IT.
* Develop and implement highly scalable applications which can adapt to changing requirements.
* Translate business requirements into usable applications using modern tools and techniques.
* Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
* Troubleshoot live issues, monitor live environments
* Deploy applications into live environments out of hours
* Collaborate with product management and Design to define and implement innovative solutions for the product with a real focus on performance and user experience.
* Investigate new technologies and techniques and research ongoing industry developments. Skills / Experience.
* Excellent, demonstrable experience in ASP.Net, C#, MVC, SQL Server, fluent nHibernate (or Entity Framework)
* Working knowledge of Sharp Arch, Castle Windsor (or other dependency injection tools) an advantage
* Strong experience of object-oriented design patterns, code refactoring and awareness of SOLID principles
* Strong Experience of automated Testing, ideally using, NUnit and Specflow. Selenium would be an advantage
* Experience of working in an Agile environment
* Experience of Continuous Integration solutions (e.g. Team City)
* Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
* Source control and branching and merging strategies using GIT, SVN, TFS etc
* Ability to present and sell your solutions to the wider development team
* Strong experience of building and iterating on products with a proven track record of meeting user and business goals
* Current with the latest development and technology trends across web, desktop and mobile platforms
* Ideally qualified to degree level in a relevant subject e.g. BSc Computer Science, or related
* Experience of working in the food sector (desirable)
* Experience developing mobile apps (Android / iOS) an advantage
* Excellent standard of spoken and written English
* Positive and responsive self-starter
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Strong work ethic
* Attention to detail and a high-level of organisation
* Creative, technical and analytically minded
* Ability to work and perform in pressurized situations
* Proactive approach to work
* Strong interpersonal and consulting skills
* Ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups to justify your design decisions
* Ability to collaborate and work within multi-disciplinary teams and contexts
* Excellent presentation skills
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960204572