Oracle Data Migration Consultant
Large International Broadcast Software Company is looking for a Data Migration Consultant to enable the transition of data from clients' legacy systems to a bespoke custom made CMS aimed at the international Broadcast industry. This will require the reformatting and transferring of data to an Oracle database. The source data is often held in a variety of separate systems, including spreadsheets and paper systems. This bespoke broadcast CMS is currently mostly 2-tier, with an Oracle based backend which also includes the business logic, and a .NET based front end. The Data Migration Consultant may also be called an Oracle DBA or Database Analyst.
The role will consist of 70% Data Migration and 30% Development.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing the analysis of legacy data to assess the feasibility of transferring it to the bespoke broadcast CMS.
- Providing estimates for the work involved in performing the task.
- Working closely with clients to design the processes to migrate the data, manual or otherwise.
- Designing and implementing the most appropriate method for transferring the data into the bespoke broadcast CMS.
- Providing documentation of migration processes, when required.
- Working with other development units in the company to share information regarding application subject matter and know-how.
- Monitoring the numerous and regular enhancements to the bespoke broadcast CMS to ensure that the migration is appropriate to the target version of the application.
- Working closely with the QA and Implementation Services teams to resolve testing issues
- Working with the company's DBA team to ensure that the integrity of the database is maintained.
- Working with the company's help desk and technical support functions to resolve client and implementation specific problems
- Working with the Sales and Marketing units to provide meaningful and appropriate data for demonstration purposes.
- Visiting client sites as part of the company's team to support specific project implementations with on-site requirement capturing/coding/debugging (having proven the ability to support large parts of the system independently)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Substantial experience with Oracle database (11g version)
- Strong PL/SQL knowledge is essential especially the ability to review code in terms of error resolution and performance tuning
- BI exposure is preferable but not essential
- Analysis and high/low level design capabilities
- Knowledge of tools and techniques available for the migrating data
- Strong, consistent and robust coding discipline
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Timelines and task priority strong awareness
- Knowledge of broadcasting industry and workflows within it - a strong advantage
- Skills necessary to communicate technical information in both written and verbal forms at all levels.
- Professional client facing experience.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Well known name in the International Broadcast World
- Company is growing year on year
- Company has a policy to promote from within so lots of career progression opportunities
- Competitive salary
- 6% company pension
- 23 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Reduced onsite gym
- Plus lots more