The company have recently created a global business division dedicated to providing information and insight on Governance, Risk and Compliance to financial institutions and their legal and professional service advisors. The business unit, branded will help banks, hedge funds, insurance firms, general companies and their legal advisors connect strategy, operations and products to the rapidly changing regulatory environment. The business will advance the resources available to the legal, compliance, operations and audit professionals who work together to manage business risk.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the generation of estimates for project proposals and programming tasks.
- Assist with gathering of specifications as needed.
- Develop high quality code from current designs following appropriate coding standards.
- Use BDD and TDD practises to write well tested code. This may include the code of other team members.
- Participate in Design Inspections and Code Walk-through Reviews as appropriate.
- Assist in providing development documentation, as well as testing suggestions for the quality analysts.
- Keep management informed of task progress, issues, etc. throughout the development process.
- Perform maintenance and support activities as necessary.
- Able to work hours outside the normal business hours on occasion.
- Tying a lazy-loading grid to filters which are dynamically created based on the columns and the content in the grid,
- Updating a "case" real time via NodeJS web sockets so that when users are editing or changing the case other users are both notified of the changes and see them replicated in their view,
- Creating a dynamic form builder for editing a case based on a model
- We are developing a shared framework which will be used by more business units
- Login process with pluggable authentication providers,
- Shared LESS files which have a theme switcher,
- A versatile list widget for simple lists, searching, taxonomy trees and lazy loading items,
- A filters widget for dynamically generated filters.
- As a UI team we are also developing our Continuous Integration and tools:
- Mocking and schema layer for sharing REST end points between NodeJS and the UI,
- Build scripts utilising closure compiler for minification and compiling code in sections that can be lazy loaded on demand as the user navigates the app,
- Unit test wrapper with Sinon for mocks and stubs
As a developer you will be having interactions with:
- Product owners, business analysts and user experience specialists to determine what the work is
- Quality assurance team to perform behavioural driven tests and drive out bugs,
- Java back end developers defining interfaces and building features,
- Other development teams, whether they are Thomson Reuters or outsourced.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: BA/BS in related field or commensurate work experience
- An understanding of the intricacies and insanities of cross-browser development.
- Experience of JSON, JSON Schema and REST APIs.
- Excellent knowledge of CSS2 (opportunity to work in CSS3 environment).
- Excellent knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience working with a team using conformant coding standards e.g. JSLint.
- Working knowledge of a code versioning system (Github, Subversion et cetera).
- Experience working with User Experience and QA teams
- Continuous Integration.
- IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, Sublime Editor, Vim.
- Pattern Based Design.
- Having a design aesthetic and/or an ability to use Adobe Photoshop.
- Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) Cucumber JS or Capybara.
- General understanding of systems and application administration.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Domain.