Our partner is an early education centre based in Kibera, one of the most impoverished parts of Nairobi. Its core programme is offering children between 6 months and 10 years old, including those with special needs, a holistic education. Interestingly, it runs programmes outside education, including income-generating projects to ensure the financial sustainability of the school and to empower the mothers of children attending the school.
We had two volunteers spend considerable time with them in 2012 (During which our partner was in the process of moving to much larger premises), and the purpose of their placements were to ensure that the accounting/ finance function was sound enough to deal with the move and additional donor reporting requirements. In addition our past volunteers helped them move to Quickbooks.
This time we have been approached by one of our partner’s funders to assist the accountant in producing accurate reports for the projects they are funding. The purpose of your placement will be to see how the charity has been getting on since the last AfID volunteers’ placements, more broadly, and then focussing on the funding/ accounting for the specific projects.
This placement will start in January 2014 and a volunteer is required for three-weeks. There is the possibility of a homestay during this programme should you be interested in this.
For more information on this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)2087417000.
For more information on AfID and its programmes please visit our website.
More jobs like this
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Teaching Accountancy jobs in North East England
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Teaching Media & Advertising jobs in North East England
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Teaching Banking, Finance & Insurance jobs in North East England
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Teaching Charity jobs in North East England
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Teaching Education jobs in North East England