Systems Engineer / DevOps Practice London
Responsibilities include working closely with systems / network engineers and developers across the company, the role has the following duties:
- Operate the Cloud Infrastructure to the highest standards of professionalism and availability.
- Perform proactive daily system monitoring including responding, triaging, troubleshooting and remediating incidents based on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Use your broad knowledge of systems administration and networking principles preventing and troubleshooting incidents and improving SOPs.
- Verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, clones and migrations
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Maintain and implement operational, configuration, and other SOPs
- In creating quality of the Cloud service, identify and collaborate with appropriate teams to improve tools and processes such as event monitoring and automation.
- Provide technical support for product management and engineering, including recommendations for monitoring, reporting, and management.
You should have a strong background in monitoring and systems administration and an understanding of systems architecture and the components of software infrastructure, including hardware platforms, OS, virtualisation, application, databases, web and application servers. Prior experience in software development/engineering, release management / DevOps and managing a large-scale server infrastructure is highly desirable.
- Strong Linux experience
- Strong experience with database trouble shooting.
- Solid experience with Linux and / or FreeBSD
- Familiarity of Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Experience in system architecture design
- Knowledge of Linux kernel, command line and systems diagnostics (RHCSA certification preferred, not required)
- A working knowledge of Perl, Python or other scripting language
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra or similar technologies
- Understanding of Apache/Tomcat and the LAMP stack
- Some experience with Java is a plus
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing, DNS, load balance, content delivery, virtualisation and other cloud infrastructure technologies
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (Nagios / Icinga, Cacti, Netcool, Monolith, Puppet, cfengine, chef) is desirable
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework.
This is a great opportunity to help us lead the industry in operating the next Cloud Infrastructure, with a highly successful and progressive organisation which offers good career progression. The successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £60,000 basic, bonus, stock options and good benefits.
Keywords: Systems engineer, Linux engineer, linux systems engineer, devops, linux, FreeBSD, RHCSA, Perl, Python, scripting, Systems administration, LAMP, apache, tomcat, ITIL, Surrey, Cobham, Richmond, cloud, cloud software, iaas,
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this phenomenal company, get in contact with Mauro Casali at Salt either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0207 928 25 25.