Mac Support Specialist
World's Leading Cloud and Communications Computing global company seeks a Mac Support Specialist to offer helpdesk and Mac Support to the European Head Office in Surrey initially on a 3 month contract with the option of turning in to a permanent employee. You will be responsible for providing world-class customer support to internal employees. The mac Support Specialist will be a key resource for our company in the UK, responsible for local and global support. You will help deploy and manage a wide array of business-critical fixed and mobile workstations. The Mac Support Specialist will analyse, research, and resolve complex technical issues, with key focus on Mac operating systems and related hardware, and will create/update technical and procedural documentation. As part of a large Enterprise Infrastructure Services organization, you will work closely with senior administrators and engineers on problem escalation and resolution, and act as a liaison to internal customers.
Responsibilities of the Mac Support Specialist include -
- Help ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through ownership, resolution and appropriate escalation of issues and trouble tickets; maintain proactive and timely communication with customers via multiple mediums (voice, tickets, email, IM, walk-ups)
- Act as strong technical resource and senior escalation point for multiple technologies, including Mac and Linux desktop systems.
- Develop tools to improve helpdesk efficiency and productivity.
- Develop and document processes and procedures for improving efficiencies and decreasing response times.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a global team.
Experience Required of the Mac Support Specialist -
- Experience as a Mac Support Specialist in an IT, online, or media company. Alternatively working as an Apple Genius
- Experience and confidence to deal with Mac helpdesk issues with Senior, Exec, and VIP company staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-organized self-starter
- Ability to deliver on time
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- 4+ years experience maintaining Linux operating systems, hardware and packages
- 4+ years experience in a customer-driven, results-focused Help Desk environment
- 4+ years troubleshooting, upgrading, and repairing desktops, laptops, and associated hardware
- 3+ years experience administering Mac client operating systems and packages
- Proven record of creating policies, procedures, and technical documentation
- Demonstrated history of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Team-first attitude and strong interpersonal skills
If you feel you are a Mac Support Specialist with the right skills then please click apply.