Volunteer Accountant required for new charity partner in Lesotho
AfID is looking for a volunteer accountant for its new partner in Lesotho. Our partner is doing vital work, helping poor families to realise that change really is possible. By helping to transform 'mindsets' and by focusing on the practical potential of sustainable and organic farming methods, our partner is unleashing enormous potential. Families discover what they can do for themselves and what the land can do for them.
The impacts are extremely significant: children eat well, learn well, and families prosper. The unstinting determination of these smallholdings farmers to improve their lives and those of their neighbours – often in the face of great obstacles – is an inspiring example.
A volunteer is required for 3 – 6 months (preferably nearer to 6 months).
As a volunteer you will be required to:
- implement sustainable EU reporting systems
- Mentor the finance officer, who has been there for 3-4 months
- Cash flow forecasting – ensuring enough cash flow to maintain project completion
- Work with Programmes, Country Director and the Finance team to ensure they are communicating effectively
Accommodation will most likely be included for the volunteer (This may involve self-catering + guest house or homestay for first few weeks). Airport pick up and drop off will also be provided. During Christmas the charity will be closed from the 16th December for approximately 2 weeks. If you were to volunteer before this period of time there would be scope to go and explore areas nearby, or even travel to Cape Town!
Ideally the volunteer would be able to start in either October 2013 or January 2014.
Prior to commencing the volunteer programme you will be required to attend an Induction / Training day which will ideally be held in Bath, UK (If you live in the UK).
If you are interested in this role and would like to find out more, please contact AfID on +44 0208 741 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Accountancy Teaching £25,000 - £29,999 Contract jobs in North East England
- Media & Advertising Teaching £25,000 - £29,999 Contract jobs in North East England
- Banking, Finance & Insurance Teaching £25,000 - £29,999 Contract jobs in North East England
- Charity Teaching £25,000 - £29,999 Contract jobs in North East England
- Education Teaching £25,000 - £29,999 Contract jobs in North East England