DevOps / Chef / Puppet / Linux /
DevOps / Chef / Puppet / Linux - £450 - £550
- 6 Months Contract
I am currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to come on board for a 6 months contract with my client based in Uxbridge:
* Develop scripts (recipes) based on Chef/Puppet to automate the provisioning of cloud services within Amazon (day one, other providers later) via cloud formation APIs.
* Enable version control and release management of APIs through technologies such as Bamboo.
* Maintain, update, patch APIs within cloud providers
* Create and implement RESTful APIs in support of cloud orchestration software
* Enable agile / sprint delivery for cloud service scope
* Perform Tier 2 event, incident, problem analysis and response including interact with 3rd line support.
* Automate delivery of service dashboard components through the use of restful APIs (CloudWatch, Atrium, Remedy)
* Work closely with Solution Architecture to support requirement specification and Cloud Service Owner to support service operations.
Skills and Experience
* Agile development within a DevOps team
* Cloud infrastructure service development including service templates
* Chef, Puppet, JSON scripts for Amazon Web Service
* Python, Ruby
* Experience developing to Azure or OpenStack APIs a bonus
* Experience automating Linux and Windows server builds
* Configuration experience of ITSM orchestration / provisioning tools (specific tool not yet known)
* Application virtualisation
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position, please respond with your most recent CV for immediate consideration