Community & Marketing Manager
Community & Marketing Manager - London - £45-50K plus Benefits
My client is a digital client-side business who has several well-known consumer offerings. Within this overall business, they have an arm that is in a permanent state of startup - an area where new products and services are created and nurtured. This area of the business is a start-up with a difference… first of all, they aren't VC funded and are totally independent, and they care more about P&L than R&D. Their goal is to create millions of pounds of sales value within 15 months. For them to succeed we need people out to make a dent and with a desire to sketch their greatest works so far. As the canvas is almost blank, they're keen to see what you can do!
We're looking for someone who can lead the company's community/marketing requirements, using creativity and a variety of marketing techniques to achieve ambitious commercial targets. The individual needs to be a doer whilst maintaining the thought leadership to grow our community.
- Create and lead the community strategy
- Develop scalable ways to source and promote content that represents the best of our communities
- You will be required to get your hands dirty, working with the community, devising and creating timely content for the company blog and social media channels (IG/FB/Twitter)
- A key part of the role will be outreach, which includes researching, connecting and cultivating relationships with bloggers, Instagramers and other key influencers
- Drive buzz via word of mouth globally for the brand
- Work with acquisition managers, customer support teams and other partners to ensure a joined up approach
- Report performance of 'free' channels on a weekly/monthly basis. Free social channels include, direct, referral, social and organic traffic sources
- Use in-depth reporting in order to inform on future strategies (including content plans)
- Be an ambassador for our brands both online and off
- Create email campaigns to inform the community of brand activities and drive returning customer sales. Devise creative templates (working with Chief Designers) for on-going CRM
- Stay current with social media trends and tools, which include attending educational and networking events, reading blogs
- Contribute to developing and implementing PR strategies and actively partake in briefing the PR agency
- Act as first point of contact with the PR agency: first 'quality-check' for press releases and manage day-to-day PR work
- Design and communicate PR activities internally
- This is a team of 1 from the get go with the opportunity to recruit in the future.
- 4+ years of Marketing/Social Media/Community building experience
- B2C experience essential
- Experience in executing social media strategies and comfortable about mobile platforms
- Good understanding of global media landscape
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience with using marketing techniques to achieve targets
- Deep experience crafting messaging and branding for different audiences
- Experience in engaging with customer support queries
- Be creative, analytical and strategic.
- Qualification in Marketing and/or Communications, with specialisation in social media, journalism, public relations or any other associated degrees