UI / UX Designer
The UI/UX Designer will be responsible for creating a coherent and consistent user experience across our products and services.
These are used by a number of user groups both inside and outside the company with different needs and demands.
The UI/UX Designer will be expected to:
- Prototype new designs and interaction models
- Work alongside Product Manager to define requirements
- Design user journeys to ensure the usability of our products and services
- Work closely with development team to realize the designs
- Design the visual look and feel of our user interfaces in line with company branding
- Work with the Product Manager to facilitate User Testing
The successful candidate should have a strong portfolio of User Interface and User Interaction work across Web and Mobile.
They will be adept at the visualisation and presentation of data and analytics.
The designer will be familiar with, and ideally have experience of, the concept of Lean UX; i.e. Collaborative Design, Minimum Viable Products and using feedback and experiments to guide development.
They will have strong verbal, written and visual communication skills and be able to present their ideas and work in progress to a wide variety of stakeholders and other interested parties.
The role would best suit someone with good understanding and demonstrable experience of web technologies. While they won’t be expected to write code, they would benefit from a familiarity of the fundamentals and should at least be comfortable working with CSS and HTML.
Essential Technical Skills
- Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- OmniGraffle or similar tool
- CSS and HTML
- PowerPoint or Keynote
Desirable Technical Skills
- Basic Video Editing