TITLE: INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
My client, a leader in Corporate Communication are seeking an Infrastrcuture Engineer to join them.
Part of a growing team who have a work hard play hard mentatlity you will be reporting to the IT Manager and will work closely with the wider IT team, as well as the Application Development team.
Day to day management and monitoring of their complex virtual and physical infrastructure, including network and security devices as well as;
- Providing technical support of their hosting environment and systems for their corporate clients and ensure they have an up to date database of their hosted solutions.
- Develop, produce and maintain detailed documentation, processes and procedures around the running of and management of their various key systems and infrastructure.
- Work closely with the IT Manager on infrastructure projects as well as on daily operational tasks.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of system and network integrations.
- Manage and monitor centralised storage systems across the business.
- Implement server upgrades and deployments, physical and virtual, as well as to deploy relevant security updates across the server estate.
- Identify improvements and efficiencies that can be made across their infrastructure and systems; and conduct research into new and emerging technologies aimed at improving their existing services.
This position requires you to have the following qualifications, experience & skills:
BSc in a Computing subject and\or a proven track record of competency in the following technologies\areas:
- Track record or proven experience of troubleshooting and managing virtualisation technologies, preferably VMWare.
- Proven experience of troubleshooting and managing centralised storage technologies (SAN’s), preferably HP Lefthand.
- Ability to configure, troubleshoot and maintain Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Strong understanding and configuration or working experience of various Internet\Hosting\Network based technologies and disciplines e.g.: Load balancing, DNS, SMTP, IIS, VPN’s, NAT, SFTP, SSH.
- Comfortable with Unix based operating systems and using command line interfaces including shell scripting.
- Ability to produce and maintain detailed documentation.
- A solid understanding of networks and associated devices (switches and Firewalls) as well as troubleshooting experience of these.
- Working knowledge of MS Exchange 2007 and OWA.
- Experience configuring and supporting Windows environments, particularly 2003\2008 Server and clustering.
- Knowledge of the following would be advantageous: Mimecast, Cisco ASA5510, MySQL, Linux OS, HP Procurve, JBOSS, Apache and Adobe CQ.
- Manage security of systems including network and applications.
More jobs like this
- Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 Operations Media & Advertising jobs in London (North)
- Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 Operations Engineering jobs in London (North)
- Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 Operations Marketing & PR jobs in London (North)
- Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 Operations Travel, Leisure & Tourism jobs in London (North)