Financial Accounting Manager
This well known and high profile charity is looking to recruit an experienced Financial Accounting Manager to ensure accurate recording of all income and expenditure for the charity and associated companies.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Accounting will be managing a team of four who are responsible for the ledgers, financial control, production and reconciliation of the balance sheet, VAT and tax compliance.
Your daily duties will include:
* Ensuring the annual report and statutory accounts for the Charity and its subsidiaries are prepared in accordance with all applicable accounting standards and the Charities SORP.
* Implementing, enforcing and monitoring internal control procedures, in order to preserve the integrity of the financial information recorded in the ledgers.
* Compliance with all applicable tax regulations (excluding PAYE), including corporation tax, income tax and VAT
* Leading on direct and indirect tax planning within the organisation to minimise tax liabilities and maximise profits, including negotiations with HMRC
* Monitoring and forecasting cash flow and maintaining appropriate treasury management procedures
* Critically evaluating, developing and embedding financial processes and ensuring these are fully documented
The successful candidate will be a CCAB qualified accountant with experience of working within a complex multi-faceted organisation, you must be a strong technical accountant with up to date knowledge of charity accounting (SORP), UK accounting standards, tax and VAT.
You must have strong attention to detail with first class interpersonal and communication skills. It is imperative that you have experience of managing, motivating and developing a team to deliver results.
In this key role it is essential that you have strong systems and data manipulation experience to provide first class support to stakeholders in the delivery of financial results. Therefore you must possess first class interpersonal, communication and presentation skills for this role.
The Pro-Recruitment Groups consists of 3 distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal and Pro-Finance: