Trustees from diverse backgrounds needed at ACE centre
ACE Centre assists children and adults with a wide range of disabilities, which impact on their ability to communicate and thereby services related to the use of technology to support written and verbal communication.
The charity is looking to recruit new Trustees to our Board, and is open to candidates from different backgrounds.
Key Duties and responsibilities to include
- The statutory duties of an ACE Centre trustee to comply with the requirements stipulated by the Charities Commission which include scrutinising Board papers, leading and contributing to discussions, providing guidance on new initiatives, policy and legislation relevant to ACE Centre activities.
- Contribution to an organisation that offers significant potential to influence the lives of people with a wide range of complex needs
- Influence policy and provision at a senior level within Government in relation to an area of provision with an increasingly high profile
- Increased awareness of emerging technologies and their applications for individuals with complex needs
- Support projects in which the trustee has special expertise
- Supporting income generation and fundraising activities
- Leading or supporting Task and Finish groups as and when appropriate
- While the charity is open to candidates from different backgrounds, people with experience in income generation, fundraising or marketing are desirable.
- Strategic expertise to support the provision of specialised AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) services
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Awareness of the current voluntary sector climate, opportunities and challenges
- Commitment to work effectively as part of a team
- An ability to contribute to the strategic vision of ACE Centre with exemplary professional integrity, sound independent judgement,
- Ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind while collaborating with others
Time Commitment - Willingness to attend at least two Board meetings per year
Interested candidates are requested to email us their most up-to-date CV along with a cover letter.
Please note that this is an unpaid voluntary position and is therefore not remunerated, however reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.