An opportunity to volunteer as Branch Secretary at CPRE Nottinghamshire
CPRE Nottinghamshire campaigns on relevant issues, most recently focusing on preserving the integrity of Nottinghamshire's Green Belt. Our members represent the views of CPRE which revolve around key issues affecting the conservation of the landscape, flora and fauna.
CPRE Nottinghamshire is seeking an Honorary Secretary to facilitate the strategic decision-making of the board of trustees and, in particular, to support the Chair. The role promises to be varied and fulfilling, with a wide range of duties and issues to engage with as well as being a pivotal member of the board of trustees.
- Working closely with the Branch Chair; to plan meetings, book meeting venue, prepare agenda and circulate to attendees. Prepare accurate and informative Meeting Minutes, circulating to attendees shortly before and after each meeting. Maintain a database of key contacts (membership database, email distribution lists, etc.) Receive incoming correspondence (email or post); assess content, take suitable actions and/or forward information to an appropriate Officer or CPRE National Office; and where necessary, to make follow-up enquiries to ensure actions have been taken.
- Respond to telephone enquiries in a similar manner.
- Organise the Annual General Meeting with the Branch chair on matters relating to (venue, speaker, papers, refreshments, etc.).
- Organise the production of the Annual Report (requesting and collating reports, liaising with graphic designer/printer, etc.).
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature and grade of the post as directed by the Branch Chair.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work as a team member with a group of committed volunteers.
- Willingness to become familiar with CPRE's objectives and local environmental issues.
- Computing skills, including word processing, internet and database management.
You will play a key role in developing Branch capacity; ensuring the effective administration of the Branch and that our members are kept up to date with Branch activities. This is a great opportunity to become involved in a National environmental organisation on a local level.
Availability to attend regular meetings on a monthly basis.
Please note that this is a voluntary position and is not remunerated, however reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
Interested candidates are requested to email us their most up-to-date CV along with their cover letter.